Requisition Number: 14-2845
Job Title: Technology Electronic Repair Technician
Area of Interest: Technical/Technology
Company: SiTECH Texoma
State / Province: Texas
Repair, verify, calibrate, install, and maintain technology equipment for the heavy earth moving and mining industry. Develop an open line of communications with key operational and management personnel that ensures a successful relationship with our customers. Assist account managers and product support reps with the sale and promotion of technology products. Promote supported manufacturers product as to increase the overall efficiency of the mine or earth moving operation. Help promote SITECH TEXOMA as a leader in the field and ensuring maximum market share by promoting the team concept through your professionalism and technical expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide Component repair of all Trimble technology products and related systems.
• Perform basic trouble-shooting skills on digital and analog electronic components, electrical wiring and related mechanical systems.
• Document, record and follow procedures to verify correct system operation.
• Assists with the installation of technology systems and products.
• Performs calibrations on lasers and other machine control and site positioning products.
• Assists other employees in day to day operations.
• Manages logistics, system installations, and support of all SITECH’s technology products.
• Provides specialized training in the area of global positioning and machine control for external and internal customers.
• Identifies sales opportunities for our customers in the area of Trimble Technologies, including the Account Manager.
• Trouble-shoots digital and analog sensors, electronic components, electrical wiring, and mechanical mounts.
• Interfaces technology products with customers’ high speed radio network.
• Complete needed service reports for each job and needed registration and warranty filings.
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ensures preventative maintenance for technology equipment is maintained per customer contract and warranties.
• Develops a relationship that leads our customers to ask us for assistance in solving their technology needs through our expertise and willingness to exceed their expectations.
• Maintains open communications with manager and team members.
• Is available for occasional travel out of town.
• Provides timely and accurate expertise and knowledge to Sales Account Managers to develop quotes to the customers that truly reflect what is necessary to complete the project.
• Assist with warehouse and inventory management including outbound parts logistics
• Work within and promote corporate values
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety - Observes safety procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree; and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume as required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must have strong computer skills to include e-mail, Microsoft Office, Networking, software installation, Registry editing, Hardware specification analysis, Internet, Hyper Terminal, IP Protocols, and VIMS PC.
• Must understand analog and digital sensors and their application and utilization to augment machine control.
• Must understand electrical circuit theory and be able to read complex electrical schematics.
• Must be able to use a multi-meter and test for voltage, current, and continuity.
• Must be able to troubleshoot a system or component using logic.
• Must have advanced mechanical skills and knowledge.
• Must be able to work as a team player.
• Have the ability to work with limited supervision on a daily basis.
• Dependable and consistent attendance.
• Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
• Will receive company sponsored product certification
• Able to Achieve MSHA certification.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock, high temperature soldering iron, and laser beams. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, safety shoes, gloves, and fire retardant clothing. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud when working around machines.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Up to 10%
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
To apply for this position, go to Warren-Equipment Careers and type in the requisition number 14-2845.